TECHNICAL DATA - PASSPORT LAMINATES
DESCRIPTION:Ultra thin passport laminate in sheet format for manual insertion to a paper passport page.
THICKNESS:6 +/- 30% micron after lamination to paper page (carrier removed)
PRINTING:Passport paper bio data sheet will be personalized with special printers either directly on the adhesive side (mirror printing) or on the bio data page. Laminate to adhere to bio data page by heat and pressure. Adhesion to passport paper to be tested and qualified using a passport laminator.
LAMINATION TEMPERATURE:Lamination temperature on adhesive/paper interface to be 120 Celsius +/- 7 C
RESISTANCE TO ALTERATIONS:Lamination under normal and approved lamination conditions will deliver a strong adhesion of the laminate to the paper. Normal wears and tears during a 10 – year life cycle. The film is fragile and will break the holographic/printed features or tear paper fiber during an attempt for separation from paper data sheet.
FORMAT:-A4 sheet (210 x 297 mm) with 1, 2, or 4 passport laminates and perforation between laminates for separation after personalization.
-Sewn in format: Typical 260 x 100 mm with a perforation on the top for sewn in applications.
-Individual Sheets: 130 x 90 mm
-Roll Format: Typical 95 wide, number of images per roll depends on lamination equipment being used.
Other formats and sizes available upon request.
Security Images - Optical Variable Device including:
1. Two dimensional high resolution OVD security design (Ranges from 3000 to 20,000 DPI)
2. Kinetic / Animation effect
3. Micro Text - Ranging from .010 inches in letter height to .008 inches in letter height
4. Guilloche fine line features
5. Two Channel (Flip) Image (Available in 90 degree viewable also)
6. Black / White color shift
7. Latent image (Ghost image)
8. Laser retrievable covert text (CLR)
9. 2D/3D and 3D model
10. 3D Chrome effect
11. 90° viewable outline
12. Pseudo color
13. Morphing effect
14. Nano text - Ranging from .006 inches in letter height to .001 inches in letter height
15. Intentional error in micro text
16. Screen reveal
17. Zero order image viewing
18. Lens effects
PRINTED SECURITY FEATURES:
RED, BLUE, or Green UV Ink
OCR:Free of any diffractive element.
COMPATIBILITY:The film is compatible with all sensitive inks used for manufacturing of book passport to ensure this molecular adhesion to the book passport.
SERIALIZATION:Each laminate can have an identification number machine (bar code) and human readable. UV reactive numbering is available and optional.